The Sr. HSE Advisor is responsible for promoting a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors, customers and visitors and partnering with the regional leadership to ensure the health and safety of the employees. This role will be relied upon to ensure all regional specific safety requirements are being managed, and that you are supporting the leadership to fulfill all safety program elements.
- Clearly identify, understand and implement Almita’s safety requirements, and when applicable, the client’s HSE requirements for the project and/or worksite.
- Maintain knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace health, safety and environment regulations.
- Partner with local leadership to ensure company compliance.
- Identify and coordinate safety training programs as required.
- Support leadership by providing safety moments and topics for employee mentorship/learning.
- Report all HSE incidents to the management team.
- Investigate and prepare all workplace incident and injury reports, following up as necessary to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Provide safety orientation and training for all employees, contractors and visitors to ensure understanding of potential risks and expected behaviours.
- Ensure appropriate safety supplies are identified and purchased in a timely and cost effective manner and monitor their usage.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Provide guidance on the Almita HSE Manual.
- Conduct effective hazard analysis for all jobs/tasks.
- Ensure Safe Work Procedures are current and complete for all jobs/tasks.
- Client Service Orientation
- Conceptual Thinking
- Concern for Order
- Information Seeking
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Organizational Commitment
- Results Orientation
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- 5+ years’ experience as a safety advisor with demonstrated leadership skills.
- 3+ years’ construction experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Class G Driver’s License.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the OHS, and WSIB legislation.
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others.
The following are considered assets:
- CRSP designation