Almita Piling, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is looking for a skilled project manager to be a driving force within our Eastern Canada Project Services team. Our team is in need of a solutions based professional, focused on the communication, planning, execution, and profitable delivery of deep foundation projects. We are looking for someone with a background in construction and/or foundation design capable of independently furthering our solution-based project execution. This position is focused upon the delivery of safe, efficient, and quality foundation solutions backed by solid product understanding.
- As this role works within a multi-disciplinary project team, the Project Manager may be required to provide direction or guidance to project staff. and leverage feedback from these parties to ensure project effectiveness.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Identify business development and “add-on” sales opportunities.
- Assist Sales with proposal efforts including project scoping.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Develop and apply Almita’s methodology and enforce project standards.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Plan ahead and keep the project team informed regarding tasks to be completed in upcoming weeks, and any changes within the organization.
- Set and manage client expectations and obligations regarding timely reviews and approvals required for the project to proceed on schedule.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Track and report project hours and expenses on a regular basis.
- Maintain communication with Field Supervisors and manage accountability.
- Provide input for subcontractor contracts, scopes of work and responsibilities.
- Identify changes in project scope and schedule and communicates associated cost and schedule implications to the client.
- Minimize exposure and risk on projects, and manage project budget.
- Seek support of upper management on issues beyond scope of control.
- Analyze and forecast project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization with the assistance of the Controller.
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project with the assistance of the Controller.
- Ensure project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Ensure timely completion of turnover package by QA/QC.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the latest project management and foundation industry advancements.
- Develop lasting relationships with clients.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing mid- to large-scale construction projects (commercial, retail and industrial)
- Working knowledge of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts
- Working knowledge of drawings, contracts, change control, document control
- Construction knowledge of deep foundation and shoring work.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The following are assets:
- PMI, PMP Certification