The HSEQ Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and championing the Quality, and HSE management systems. The HSEQ Manager will work with leadership to cultivate a culture of HSEQ compliance, and excellence. This role ensures that the Almita Quality and HSE Management Systems position the organization as North America’s leader in geostructural solutions and is compliant, on all fronts, with relevant certification standards and requirements.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for general day-to-day management & long-term planning of the HSEQ department (including budget responsibility).
- Responsible for advising regional and corporate leadership on all applicable HSEQ matters/legislation and compliance monitoring.
- Ensure conformance to new legislative requirements and industry standards as they apply to Almita.
- Lead the continual improvement of Almita’s HSE and Quality Management Systems to ensure they are fit for purpose and aligned with regulatory requirements and industry practices.
- Liaise with authorities, clients and industry bodies with regard to quality assurance, and HSE matters.
- Coordinate and review the emergency preparedness of the operations.
- Analyze all incidents and monitor the follow up on suitable corrective actions.
- Ensure all personnel are informed of, and supported in, changes in policies and practices relating to the areas of quality, and HSE.
- Ensure internal audits are carried out in accordance with company standards, and external certification requirements (ISO, COR, etc.).
- Organize the Management Review Meeting and ensure periodic reporting on HSEQ statistics.
- Participate in industry work groups as required and represent the interests of Almita on these occasions.
- Set objectives, targets and improvements for the quality, and HSE management systems in consultation with applicable leadership, and ensure alignment with the overall strategic aims and objectives of the organization.
- Identify, design and implement strategic projects/campaigns as and when required.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Able to influence, create involvement amongst colleagues and deal effectively with fast changing priorities.
- Proven change management skills and are of strong diplomatic nature.
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation relating to integrated management systems.
- Possess strong planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Be computer literate with Microsoft Office to a proficient level.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Diploma or Degree in Quality Management or Occupational Health and Safety
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position in a manufacturing or construction environment ideally in a small and medium-sized organization
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & safety and WCB legislation
- Knowledge and experience with QMS principles and ISO 9001 (2015 standard ideally)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of risk assessment techniques, incident investigation, Safety Management Systems, Quality Management Systems, and underlying principles
The following are considered assets:
- Certified auditor for COR
- Certification or training as auditor for ISO 9001
- Safety Certification (CRSP, CSP)
- Quality Certification (CQIA, CSSY/GB)