The HSE Field Advisor is responsible for promoting a safe and healthy worksite for all employees, contractors, customers and visitors and partnering with the Field Supervisor to ensure the health and safety of the crew. This role implements and assists with enforcement of policies and procedures that promote and provide a healthier, safer work environment. The HSE Field Advisor will implement plans based on client expectations, recent safety incidents, inspections and audit results, and will ensure that our policies and programs meet legislated and client specified requirements.
- Clearly identify, understand and implement both Almita and the client’s HSE requirements for the project and/or worksite.
- Maintain knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace health, safety and environment regulations.
- Partner with the Field Supervisor to ensure compliance.
- Participate in preparation of health and safety programs and policies.
- Identify company safety issues and create appropriate solutions.
- In conjunction with the Installation Manager, create and coordinate safety training programs on site as required for various projects.
- Coordinate with management to ensure that unsafe employee behaviour is corrected.
- Develop quarterly health and safety goals.
- Work with new products, equipment and procedures to identify potential issues, and ensure ongoing safety.
- Provide safety moments and topics for crew learning.
- Perform health and safety inspections and audits on all company practices.
- Report all field HSE incidents to the management team.
- Investigate and prepare all workplace incident and injury reports, following up as necessary to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Provide safety orientation and training for all employees, contractors and visitors to the worksite to ensure understanding of potential risks and expected behaviours.
- Ensure appropriate safety supplies are identified and purchased in a timely and cost effective manner and monitor their usage.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Provide guidance on the Almita HSE Manual.
- Conduct effective hazard analysis for all jobs/tasks.
- Ensure Safe Work Procedures are current and complete for all jobs/tasks.
- Conduct effective ergonomic analysis of the worksite.
- Enforce authority for necessary actions to maintain safe practices and procedures.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Safety Advisor with demonstrated leadership skills.
- NCSO Designation
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the workplace health and safety and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others.