The Director of Finance is responsible for providing oversight and management of the day to day finance functions of the organization. In addition, this position will be responsible for ensuring the organization has the internal infrastructure to support scalable and sustainable.
- Display a commitment to Almita’s vision, values, and culture.
- Overall management of the finance and accounting functions of the organization.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership, Corporate Services and Operations to execute on the strategic plan.
- Drive internal infrastructure development and efficiencies to ensure the business is well supported as it executes aggressive growth initiatives (as much as 30-50% of this role will be project based).
- A key element of this role will be staff development and mentorship. Provide finance team with clear deliverables and implement succession planning for high performing individuals.
- Responsible for continued enhancement and maintenance of corporate level KPI’s, ensuring key business drivers are identified, communicated and actioned. Ensure leading trends are identified quickly and mitigation strategies are initiated.
- Oversight of all transactional accounting and financial reporting including the year-end financial audit and corporate taxation.
- Oversight of real estate, insurance and bonding requirements of the organization.
- Responsible for treasury, working capital optimization and lending facilities.
- Oversight of financial internal controls including identification and correction of control gaps.
- Work closely with IT to champion process and technology improvements.
- Demonstrate a “big picture view” balancing the implementation of control & process with efficiency & scalability.
- Possess high degree of initiative and be adept to deal with a constantly changing business environment.
- Solution focused.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external relationships.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- 4 year university degree in Business/Finance or related field.
- CPA designation, legacy CA designation preferred.
- Experience leading a finance team.
- Experience with international operations.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proven experience working closely with IT on development of systems, ERP enhancements, etc..
- Experience in the assessment of internal control and process.