The Transport Driver will be responsible for safely and efficiently transporting materials, loaders, excavators, and other related equipment in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards. This position requires working collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders, displaying professionalism and leading by example, following through on commitments and remaining calm when faced with challenges.
- Operate, load and unload various types and pieces of equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- At shift changes, complete a daily safety assessment form by properly assessing the work environment and the condition of equipment and ensure all hazards are addressed prior to starting work. Immediately report all safety issues.
- Keep storage yard organized by ensuring that all materials in the yard are properly stored in the correct bin locations according to the inventory yard bin location map.
- Maintain, clean, and lubricate equipment and refill fuel tanks.
- Secure special attachments to equipment.
- Perform minor repairs equipment and keep all equipment clean and free of debris.
- Stage the selected finished goods on the ground to ensure QA kettle tags match part ID numbers. Record the tracking numbers onto the trucking manifest, packing slips and track part ID information within QCDB.
- Load transportation flat-decks in a safe manner (whether working as a Loader Operator or a Spotter) according to picking slip and manifest instructions.
- Ensure all finished goods taken from inventory are properly selected from the right bin location and counted for accuracy in accordance with packing slip instructions.
- Conduct daily inventory cycle counts as assigned.
- Work with other members of the supply chain management team to determine loading sequencing priorities for outgoing shipments.
- Comply with Almita’s Drug and Alcohol Policy of zero tolerance while at Almita job sites or when operating motor vehicles.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Completion of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) is preferred
- Valid and unrestricted Class 1 Driver’s License
- Experience in Equipment operating experience
- A minimum of 3 year’s professional driving and heavy haul experience.
The following are assets:
- Experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Experience with construction worksites
- Knowledge of construction, safety standards and building codes