Do you believe that safety is paramount in the work that you do? When presented with a challenge, do you find a way? Do you have a track record of starting smart and finishing strong? Are you the kind of person that does what you can to support the team? If yes, you may be a great fit for our team!
Safely and efficiently and transport piles and other materials in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards. Working collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders, displaying professionalism and leading by example, following through on commitments and remaining calm when faced with challenges. Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and flexible hours according to business needs. Successful candidate must possess a clean class 1 driver’s license and a minimum of 3 year’s professional driving experience.
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Loading and unloading
- Tarping and strapping, ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Plan travel schedules and routes
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness
- Communication. Oral and written communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff, management and external clients
- Judgement and Decision Making. Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to the work to be completed.
- Safety Focus. Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards and practices. Responds positively to safety oriented feedback, encourages and support others to be safe while at work.
- Time Management. Solid organizational skills coupled with a keen eye to detail. Manage one’s own time to adjust actions in relation to others actions to make improvements or take correction action.
- Professionalism. Lead by example by approaching others in a tactful and considerate manner, follow through on commitments, maintain confidentiality, remain composed when faced with unexpected situations.
- Evaluation of Information to Determine Compliance with Standards. Use relevant information and judgement to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards.
- Flexibility. Demonstrate support for innovation and changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Valid and unrestricted Class 1 Driver's License
- 3 + years of Professional Driving Experience
- Knowledge of Alberta & Saskatchewan roadways, scales and truck routes.
- Excellent knowledge of how to chain up in adverse weather conditions.
- Good knowledge of Alberta load securement rules and regulations.