The Material Handler is responsible for operating loaders and related equipment to receive and offload all incoming loads of raw materials and other deliveries. This position also works on the ground as a safety spotter to provide safe unloading guidance to the Loader Operator. Before offloading any materials, the Material Handler completes a visual check of the goods for damages and ensures the correct quantities are received according to the delivery manifest and packing slip. Delivered products are confirmed by completing a physical count and by measuring product dimensions to ensure the product meets specific requirements as per the purchase order. All traceable raw materials received must be identified and marked with MTR tracking numbers. Additionally, using a picklist, the Material Handler supplies the shop with the required materials and removes finished goods to proper locations.
Location: Guelph, ON
Work Enviornment: Shop
Hours of work: 40+ hours/week
- Always operate loading equipment in a safe manner.
- At shift changes, complete a daily safety assessment form by properly assessing the work environment and condition of equipment to ensure all hazards are addressed prior to starting work.
- Stage the selected finished goods on the ground to match part ID numbers.
- Ensure all finished goods taken from inventory are properly selected by proper part number and counted for accuracy in accordance with packing slip instructions. Accurately record the pile and/or cap identification numbers.
- Load transportation flat-decks in a safe manner according to picking slip and manifest instructions, while complying with DOT regulations.
- Unload transportation flat-decks in a safe manner, identify the material and tracking it accordingly.
- Conduct daily inventory cycle counts as assigned.
- Complete picklists by counting and inspecting pipe and/or plate to ensure it meets the picklist’s quality and quantity requirements.
- Keep storage yard free of snow and organized by ensuring that all materials in the yard are properly stored in the correct bin locations according to the inventory yard bin location map.
- Maintain, clean, and lubricate equipment and refill fuel tanks as needed, and secure special attachments as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Highschool Diploma or GED
The following are considered an asset:
- Prior work experience in a production or shop environment
- Knowledge of industry-related manufacturing processes
- Experience in operating grinders, pedestal grinder, clamps and various fixtures