Do you believe that Safety is paramount in the work that you do? When presented with a challenge, do you find a way? Do you have a track record of starting smart and finishing strong? Are you the kind of person that does what you can to support the team? Are you proud of what you do? If yes, you may be a great fit for our team! Almita is growing – Grow with us!
The Swamper is responsible for assisting the Install Operator with the installation of helical piles while following established safe work practices and procedures. This role participates in the compilation of quality-related information and documentation. This position works as part of the Installation team in maintaining a high level of productivity, while meeting goals and representing Almita in a professional manner while working on client sites.
|Location: Ponoka home base, various field locations|
|Work Environment: Field|
|Hours of Work: 40+ hours/week on shift rotation|
- Responsible for placement, targeting and leveling the pile while being aware of overhead hazards and falling debris.
- Pin up the pile while looking for visible defects to equipment.
- Hook up drive cans and safety chains.
- Work safely, report and correct unsafe conditions.
- Comply with Almita’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and adheres to the zero tolerance policy at all times. This includes completion of regular Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, keeping the site as tidy as possible to prevent injuries and property damage.
- Complete and submit time records and driver’s daily logs.
- Report defective rigging to supervisor and tags as “out of service.”
- Ensure safe use and operation of commercial vehicles including: abiding with posted speed limits and wearing seatbelts at all times.
- Assist with the day-to-day maintenance of installation equipment in the field and shop.
- Actively works to learn loader operation procedures as part of this role’s succession plan.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- High School Diploma
- Ability to use basic construction hand tools
- Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract
The following would be an asset:
- Industry tickets such as CSTS, OSSA, TDG and First Aid
- 1-2 years of industrial, oil and gas or construction experience