The Supply Chain & Logistics Specialist ensures the performance of the supply chain from order to shipment to billing and customer service. This includes sourcing, recommendation, negotiation, confirmation, qualification, commitment, and management of supplier orders and relationships. In collaboration with the leadership, this position is also responsible for the ongoing evaluation of supplier performance regarding materials and services in support of the company’s strategic operational goals. This requires the Supply Chain & Logistics Specialist to track inventory and orders as well as forecast future supply needs.
- Procurement & Purchasing: Assist in bid pricing with Estimator, review job awards, source material, and services for projects; generate RFQs
- Competitive market pricing to meet corporate best practice, negotiate terms and conditions, scheduling, review prices of existing suppliers and analyze for cost savings opportunities and efficiencies, research, and recommend the approval of qualified suppliers.
- Supplier Management: Develop and foster appropriate relationships with preferred suppliers. Manage and report on subcontractor’s schedule and performance, including any related NCRs.
- Process Orders: Create POs for all products/services, consumables. Reconcile purchase orders/invoices with finance, receiving, and vendors to ensure pricing and delivery are met. Contact vendors with issues that may arise when invoices are sent.
- Logistics – Shipping & Receiving: Create pack lists and acknowledge receipt of services and materials in ERP system.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management (completed or in progress)
- 2+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing / construction environment
- 2+ years of professional supply chain and procurement experience, including a general understanding of commercial terms and conditions as well as INCO Terms and global purchasing trends.
- Experience in supplier management in ordering parts, materials and services
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with MRP/ERP programs (Visual preferred) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)