Do you believe that safety is paramount in the work that you do? When presented with a challenge, do you find a way? Do you have a track record of starting smart and finishing strong? Are you the kind of person that does what you can to support the team? Do you want a role that you can be really Proud of? Almita is growing – Grow with us!
Working closely with a cross-disciplinary team of internal and external stakeholders, this position is responsible for managing piling projects varying in complexity (oil sands, oil and gas, power line construction, commercial and residential construction). This role oversees various aspects of a project’s progress and completion, including pre-job planning, project execution, scheduling and administration. This role contributes to the overall success of the company through building relationships and a strong focus on operational performance.
- Work closely with Project Services Team to develop/prepare bids for submittal
- Pre-Job Planning Process
- Consult with customers, estimators, manufacturing, QA/QC, HSE and installation regarding project planning, project details, progress and changes.
- Ensure the Project Quality Plan is in place and well communicated to ensure seamless turnover.
- Review and comment on schedules, estimates and execution plans during tendering, after award and during project.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate the project execution plan. This includes Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Installation, Contracting, Construction Plans and Work Packages and Turnover.
- Ensure all change notices are addressed in a timely manner by coordinating the resources to address the change.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring compliance to all stakeholders’ safety, policy, and procedure guidelines.
- Report, investigate and resolve all incidents to closure.
- Develop schedules and monitor activities, establish short and long range objectives, and specify the strategies, actions, time, resources and materials to achieve them.
- Control budget and schedule.
- Report project status at regular intervals.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating RFI’s, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, create and maintain reports, and maintain project expediting list.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate changes to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Lead/assist in the negotiation of claims/disputes with the owner and sub-trades.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Technical diploma in a construction-related field (CET) or related engineering degree (P.Eng.)
- Minimum of 10 (ten) years of “hands-on” experience in project management, supplemented by other aspects of construction management including cost estimating
- Working knowledge of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts
- Working knowledge in drawings, contracts, change control, document control
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The following are considered assets:
- Background in Civil Engineering
- Registered as a P.Eng. / PMP/ GSC / CET in Canada
- NCSO Certification