The Shop Labourer is responsible for providing support to Welders and Operators for the manufacturing of Helical piles. This position requires the ability to understand and forsee strategies involved in providing materials that result in flow of materials and completion of work with the highest degree of efficiency. This position may lead into a welding apprenticeship or development towards a machine operating role.
Location: Guelph, ON
Work Environment: Production/Fabrication Shop
Schedule: Variable Work
- Work closely with other Labourers, Welders, Operators and the Manufacturing Supervisor to perform safe and efficient set up of work station, tools, equipment and raw materials for processing by welders.
- Understand the importance of shop flow; craning, and transporting of milled steel pipe and plate, staging material, maintaining a clean work area, clearing finished work and packaging all finished goods.
- Operate angle grinders, pedestal grinder, and various clamps and fixtures.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, and product management skills in handling multiple job priorities, performing a variety of tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Read real time production data and contributes to achieving productivity targets and maximize performance by seeking out creative and innovative ways to increase production.
- Apply required procedural markings to the product, including customer order #’s or traceability labeling.
- Understand and applying I.S.O. and quality assurance and lean manufacturing principles.
- Read and interprets work orders and has the ability to keep track of quantities of finished and raw goods.
- Work with Lead hands and Managers to reduce waste and reduce costs within the welding process.
- Understand the Hazard Assessment Analysis and commitment to applying safe work practices.
- Ensure job specific and safety training is current and initiates requests for additional training as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a fabrication or industrial setting
The following would be an asset:
- Machine Operator experience
- Forklift License
- Driver Log Book Training
- Overhead Crane Training