Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills as part of a creative and results focused team? Almita Piling Inc. is looking for a highly motivated, flexible, and adaptable Service Desk Technician to join our Team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
The Service Desk Technician will oversee implementation and maintenance of computerized and web-based information systems and telecommunication devices. This role functions as a company-wide support service, essentially the first line of support for users regarding software, hardware and telecommunication requirements.
Work Environment: Office
Location: Edmonton, AB
- Provides Tier 1 support for all IT needs, escalating issues to Tier 2 as required
- Logs incoming requests and support tickets into helpdesk system
- Fields calls and performs all help desk activities
- Assist internal clients with resolving IT-related issues in a timely manner
- Provisions hardware and software requirements for new users
- Implements telephone changes, including routing for seating assignments
- Installation of hardware and software
- Acts as a liaison for 3rd party support
- Provides IT training for company users
- Administrates computer stations, software and provides additional support as required
- Manages file security setup and modifications
- Investigates and sources new systems as required
- Receives and documents new equipment upon arrival
- Assists fellow department members in completing additional tasks when required
- Works with project teams to implement internal systems
- Application support
- Ensures company assets are responsibly maintained
- Provides after-hours support in on call rotation when required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Diploma, Certificate, or Post-Secondary training program in information technology, networking or computer technology
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and construction environments and processes is an asset.