Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills as part of a creative and results focused team? Almita is looking for a highly motivated, flexible and adaptable Senior Field Project Coordinatorsto join our Team. Almita - Building our Future Together!r!
Working closely with a cross-disciplinary team of internal and external stakeholders and reporting to a Project Manager. This position coordinates project activities for Great Northern Transmission Line project in Minnesota, USA. This role is responsible for supporting the Project Manager and project team in preparing and managing project documentation, subcontractors and suppliers and technical aspects of the project.
Location: Grand Rapids and Warroad, Minnesota, USA
Work Environment: Field Office
Hours of Work: 50 hr/week
- Assist the Project Manager and the Construction Manager in the day to day duties of project administration and implementation and direction for projects.
- Develop project schedules and baselines. Monitor all activities and update Project Milestones Schedule and forecast to completion through project duration
- Liaise with internal and external customers to coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information and oversee project procurement management
- Work with Construction Manager to develop, maintain and coordinate the project execution plan. Identify potential interferences and interfaces. This includes Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Installation, Contracting, Construction Plans and Work Packages and Turnover.
- Report, investigate and resolve all incidents to closure.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure all change notices are addressed in a timely manner by coordinating the resources to address the change.
- Establish short and long range objectives, and specify the strategies, actions, time, resources and materials to achieve them and analyze risks and opportunities
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating RFI’s, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, create and maintain reports and Logs, and maintain project expediting list.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Construction or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 + years experience in project coordination and management. Preference given to individual with experience on a construction site environment.
- Experience in Project management, from conception to delivery.
- Able to be on assignment to a remote construction site for extended periods.
- Working knowledge of construction terms, scheduling, planning concepts, drawings, contracts, change control and document control.
- Advanced MS Office Skills (MS Projects, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Must be authorized to work in the USA.