Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills in a modern and innovative company? Almita Piling is looking for a highly organized, effective and detailed-oriented Senior Estimator for Ontario to join our team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
The Senior Estimator is responsible for ensuring that the entire estimating team is producing the required volume and quality of proposals with the appropriate level of competitiveness given the regional/corporate work funnel status. In addition, the Senior Estimator is expected to have a pulse on what our clients are bidding, the types of proposal they prefer, and then competitive unit rates that are prevalent. This work will include the completion of detailed cost estimates, accurate building take-offs and competitive tenders that result in profitable and successful projects. The Senior Estimator works closely with Sales and Project services teams to ensure they are meeting client needs. As the estimating team evolves this will involve increasing levels of mentorship for junior estimators and triage of a growing opportunities funnel.
Location: Guelph, ON
Work Environment: Office
- Work with Project Services team, and other departments to develop quotations and project proposals.
- Prepare professional sales documents like proposals and responses to RFPs and RFQs.
- Support the achievement of corporate, portfolio and individual revenue targets and margin targets.
- Collaborate with Sales team to provide daily update of sales forecasts and sales funnel, pipeline and collect applicable compensation documentation on a quarterly basis.
- Update customer reference data for bidding, quoting and proposal preparation purposes utilizing the Client Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Engage appropriate technical support for customers and prospects to accomplish complete client satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to sales management and business owners to ensure company’s solutions continue to meet client needs.
- Provide product and services feedback to marketing, engineering and manufacturing groups and make suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain an awareness of competitors’ strategies, providing feedback internally to enhance Almita’s positioning in the marketplace.
- Promote a positive corporate image of Almita by ensuring that appropriate standards are maintained in all sales support and service delivery activities.
- Maintain customer profiles, contacts, and master records in systems.
- Assist with contract negotiations.
- Provide mentorship and training to junior estimators.
- Maintain an estimating management process focused upon efficient triage of opportunities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management or a related field.
- MUST have 3+ years of estimating / sales experience, especially within a deep foundation, piling or civil company.
- Experience in client relations, and field construction operations.
- Estimating background in construction in either Oil & Gas, Power Transmission & Distribution, or Commercial Construction.
- Engineering Designation as asset (P.Eng, P.Geo, CET)
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Experience with CRM systems.