Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills in a modern and innovative company? Almita Piling is looking for a highly organized, effective and detailed-oriented Regional Manager for Saskatchewan & Manitoba to join our team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
The Regional Manager, Saskatchewan & Manitoba (SK/MB) will be responsible for providing overall leadership, strategy and direction for the Saskatchewan and Manitoba region resulting in the successful growth of sales, and profitability within the region. The Regional Manager, SK/MB is responsible for providing overall support and leadership to the individuals that work within the region.
A key aspect to the role of Regional Manager, SK/MB is the development of strategic business relationships to further establish Almita as the North American leader in providing smart foundations.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Work Environment: Office
Business Development and Sales
- Spearhead regional sales and business development initiatives that align to the company’s strategic plan, corporate and regional revenue and growth targets.
- Overall Profit & Loss responsibility for the region, balancing revenue growth, costs and expenses to achieve operating profitability, measured against annual business plans, forecasts and general metrics in the industry.
- Identify new applications or markets for helical and driven pile foundations.
- Work closely with the Regional Business Development Manager to define the strategic sales, marketing, and growth objectives for the region and develop actions to achieve these objectives.
- Direct operational activities for the region
- Encourage and facilitate communication between internal groups to facilitate collaboration in the development of the best solutions to exceed customer expectations.
- Establish standardized business practices and implement continuous improvement initiatives to elevate the level of performance and profitability of the region.
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the SK/MB regional teams.
- Support the recruitment, training and cross training of team members to support regional and corporate growth.
- Understand and promote the benefits of a strong safety program; and drive best practices with the goal of continuously reducing accidents, near misses, and lost time incidents aligned with our foundational core value.
- Provide quarterly regional operations update reports to the SVP for inclusion in quarterly Board of Directors operations updates.
- Participate in quarterly and annual strategic planning meetings representing the SK/MB region and Almita.
- Represent Almita in industry associations, including presenting at industry events where applicable to the region.
- Support the development and growth of new services, new foundation technologies and markets within the region.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Civil/Geotechnical/Structural Engineering degree and/or an MBA is considered an asset.
- Ten (10)+ years’ of professional experience preferred, with a minimum of five (5) years of senior leadership experience in an operations role within a construction or production company.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Profit & Loss responsibility.
- Experience in Deep Foundation Construction (helical piles, micropiles, driven piles, concrete caissons).
- Solid record of revenue and profit growth in the construction markets.
- Proven ability to develop/implement strategic growth and profit plans, based on evaluation of market conditions, competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Senior Management experience in a Construction project environment – bidding, contract review, planning, mobilizing and overall leadership.
- Capability to evaluate, estimate, bid and secure complex construction opportunities and commercial projects.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project).
- Knowledge of and experience working with CRM systems.
- Experience working within a high-growth organization.