Responsible for providing support to the Estimating, Engineering and Sales teams through the coordination and administration of routine and diverse sales processes. A key element of this role is the management and coordination of the day to day estimating inbox and proposal preparation needs of the organization.
This role will be responsible for supporting the long-term “Bid Pit” strategy of the business, as well as supporting the development and implementation of regional and internal estimating and engineering strategies as they relate to the strategic direction of the business.
- Provide professional, reliable and confidential proposal support to the Sales, Engineering and Estimating teams
- Work closely with customers and clients as well as the Sales, Engineering and Estimating team in all activities related to proposal preparation and coordination
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate files related to bid proposals, contracts, rate sheets, prequalification documents and related correspondence
- Track and communicate important proposal deadlines to internal teams related to customer requests
- Review bid documents to aid in qualification of opportunities
- Work with internal teams on assembling formal client proposals, including keeping Estimating and Engineering resources up-to-date
- Prepare, compose and initiate various high-quality proposal documents such as letters, correspondence, memoranda, agendas, minutes, notices, forms, spreadsheets, reports, and presentation material choosing the appropriate means of communication
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Coordinate and organize all aspects of meetings on site and off site
- Maintain and review electronic bid sites to support sales opportunities
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Civil Engineering Technology diploma*, or
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in Business related program*
- Experience in the preparation and coordination of bids/proposals
- Experience working in Business Development/Sales
- Experience working within, or alongside Estimating, Engineering and Sales departments
- Experience working in, or have an in depth understanding of the Construction industry
- Experience managing tight deadlines and holding both yourself and others accountable to those deadlines.
*Educational requirements are considered assets, and applicants with comparable experience will be considered.