In this temporary role, you will be working closely with a cross-disciplinary team of internal and external stakeholders. This position is responsible for managing piling projects varying in complexity (oil sands, oil and gas, power line construction, commercial and residential construction). This role oversees various aspects of a project’s progress and completion, including pre-job planning, project execution, scheduling and administration. This role contributes to the overall success of the company through building relationships and a strong focus on operational performance.
- Work closely with Project Services Team to assist with execution planning during bid preparation
- Consult with customers, estimators, manufacturing, QA/QC, HSE and installation during project planning, execution, change management and project turn-over.
- Plan and coordinate quality, safety, engineering, procurement, permitting, manufacturing, installation, schedule and cost reporting customized to individual client requirements.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate the project execution plan. This includes Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Installation, Contracting, Construction Plans and Work Packages and Turnover.
- Ensure all change notices are accurately captured and addressed in a timely manner with clients.
- Monitor project activities and productivity, ensuring compliance to all stakeholders’ safety, policy, and procedure guidelines.
- Report, investigate and resolve all incidents to closure.
- Develop schedules (with the assistance of a scheduler) and monitor activities, establish short and long range objectives, and specify the strategies, actions, time, resources and materials to achieve them.
- Track and control budget and schedule.
- Report project status at regular intervals to meet internal and external requirements.
- Understand and coordinate document control functions in accordance with internal and client policy and procedures, create and track progress of RFI’s, create and track cost change requests, create and maintain project reporting, coordinate the production of invoices and work with procurement department to coordinate and expedite materials.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate changes to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Lead/assist in the negotiation of claims/disputes with the owner and sub-trades.
- Conduct lessons learned meetings and project post mortem analysis. Prepare recommendations at end of projects to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing mid- to large-scale construction projects (commercial, retail and industrial)
- Working knowledge of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts
- Working knowledge of drawings, contracts, change control, document control
- Construction knowledge of deep foundation and shoring work.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The following are assets:
- PMI, PMP Certification