This professional role is responsible for overseeing and managing the planning, execution, and closing of customer projects, from project bid to project closeout. This role will successfully manage project cost, time, and performance to successfully deliver our client's projects.
This role is based in the continental USA and will support our US-based projects. The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel throughout the United States. Travel to Canada may be required periodically.
- As this role works within a multi-disciplinary project team, the Project Manager may be required to provide direction or guidance to project staff including project coordinators, scheduler, accounting, estimating, engineering, manufacturing, IT, supply chain, installation, QA/QC, HSE, HR and legal. Additionally, the Project Manager leverages feedback from these parties to ensure project effectiveness.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Identify business development and “add-on” sales opportunities.
- Assist Sales and Estimating with proposal efforts including project scoping.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Develop and apply Almita’s methodology and enforce project standards.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Plan and keep the project team informed regarding tasks to be completed
- Set and manage client expectations and obligations regarding timely reviews and approvals required for the project to proceed on schedule.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Track and report project hours and expenses regularly.
- Maintain communication with Field Supervisors and manage accountability.
- Provide input for subcontractor contracts, scopes of work, and responsibilities.
- Identify changes in project scope and schedule and communicates associated cost and schedule implications to the client.
- Minimize exposure and risk on projects and manage project budget.
- Seek the support of upper management on issues beyond scope of control.
- Analyze and forecast project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates, and utilization with the assistance of the Controller.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for the project with the assistance of the Controller.
- Ensure project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Ensure timely completion of the turnover package by QA/QC.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the latest project management and foundation industry advancements.
- Develop lasting relationships with clients.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Degree in Engineering (Civil or Geostructural). Other educational backgrounds combined with appropriate work experience may be considered
- 10+ years experience in a Project Manager role managing mid-to large-scale construction projects (commercial, retail and industrial)
- OSHA 30 certification
- Field experience managing construction projects, ideally foundation projects
- Experience managing multi-discipline teams
- Working knowledge of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts
- Working knowledge of drawings, contracts, change control, document control
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The following are considered assets:
- PMI Certification
- Safety Leadership Certification