Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills in a modern and innovative company? Almita Piling is looking for a highly organized, effective and detailed-oriented Project Estimator for Alberta to join our team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
The Estimator is responsible for the completion of detailed cost estimates, accurate building take-offs and competitive tenders that result in profitable and successful projects. The Estimator works closely with Sales and Project services teams to ensure they are meeting client needs.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Work Environment: Office
- Work with Project Services team, and other departments to develop quotations and project proposals.
- Prepare professional sales documents like proposals and responses to RFPs and RFQs.
- Support the achievement of corporate, portfolio and individual revenue targets and margin targets.
- Collaborate with Sales team to provide daily update of sales forecasts and sales funnel, pipeline and collect applicable compensation documentation on a quarterly basis.
- Update customer reference data for bidding, quoting and proposal preparation purposes utilizing the Client Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Engage appropriate technical support for customers and prospects to accomplish complete client satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to sales management and business owners to ensure company’s solutions continue to meet client needs.
- Provide product and services feedback to marketing, engineering and manufacturing groups and make suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain an awareness of competitors’ strategies, providing feedback internally to enhance Almita’s positioning in the marketplace.
- Promote a positive corporate image of Almita by ensuring that appropriate standards are maintained in all sales support and service delivery activities.
- Maintain customer profiles, contacts, and master records in systems.
- Assist with contract negotiations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management or a related field.
- MUST have 2+ years of estimating / sales experience, especially within a construction, deep foundation, piling or civil company.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment.
- Estimating background in construction in either Oil & Gas, Power Transmission & Distribution, or Commercial Construction.
- Engineering Designation as asset (EIT, P.Eng, CET).
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Experience with CRM systems.