The Project Coordinator coordinates multiple piling projects varying in complexity (Oil Sands, Oil and Gas, Power Line Construction, Commercial and Residential Construction). This role is responsible for supporting the Project Manager and team in preparing and managing project documentation, subcontractors and suppliers and technical aspects of the project.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and coordinating the project execution plan. This includes working with Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Installation and sub-contractors to coordinate construction plans, work packages and turnover.
- Assist with day-to-day project administration.
- Support day-to-day implementation and direction for projects
- Liaise with internal and external customers regarding project planning, progress and changes.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure all change notices are addressed in a timely manner by coordinating the resources to address the change.
- Implement project requirements consistent with business needs.
- Ensure work is in compliance with work package plans and specifications.
- Review daily progress reports and follow up with document originator for missing or inaccurate information.
- Attend project coordination, department and client meetings as required.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues.
- Assist in accurate generation of reports / updates.
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes and follow up on actions.
- Monitor and log activities of subcontractors and report issues.
- Coordinate with QA, Finance, Engineering, HSE, and other departments as needed to prepare documents for project close out.
- Participate in close out meetings and contribute to project debriefings.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating RFI’s, transmitting and tracking of submittals.
- Receive and log-in drawings and other contract documents and maintain document control log.
- Prepare and update logs for RFI, CCR.
- Booking hotels, submitting expense claims, credit card statements for key project staff etc.
- Reconciling material documentation such as PO, pack lists, invoices etc.
- Creating excel summaries to support change orders to include DPR information etc.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- 2+ years’ experience in project coordination involving construction projects (commercial, retail and industrial), or similar experience in a support role
- Working knowledge of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts
- Working knowledge in drawings, contracts, change control, document control
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The following are considered assets:
- Degree in Engineering, Management or other post-secondary education is an asset
- PMI Certification is an asset
- NCSO Certification would be an asset
- Proficiency in use of Primavera 6 would be an asset