The role of the Project Coordinator provides essential support to the Project Managers. The Project Coordinator works with PM team members to maintain and complete accurate records for multiple jobs. They will perform support functions and document control functions. This role includes supporting all aspects of project execution including: data entry into project controls programs, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, transmitting and filing documents, assisting with the development of project reporting, invoicing and presentations.
This role will also provide support to Almita's manufacturing, sales, inventory and shipping departments during project execution as required.
- Create and maintain precise Customer Orders in ERP software for the use of the Project Managers, Manufacturing and Shipping.
- Document Control for all incoming and outgoing documentation as well as establishing and maintaining project folders.
- Prepare project tracking documents based on scope and Project Manager requirements.
- Prepare and maintain custom reporting tools used by the Project Managers and the Almita Leadership Team to monitor day-to-day project results.
- Schedule Project Services and Project Management meetings, record and distribute minutes.
- Maintain a listing of active projects and the Project Manager to whom they are assigned.
- Assist in preparing invoicing and back up information per contract requirements.
- Assist the Project Managers in preparing results for corporate revenue reporting.
- Assist the Project Managers with quality reviews of contract documentation against approved scope of work.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement and development of processes to ensure effective, cost efficient and value-added delivery of services.
- Prioritize conflicting priorities, organize and accomplish work in order to meet established deadlines.
- Attend team meetings and provide constructive solutions to business needs.
- Work independently, utilize good judgement and show initiative.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Diploma in business, construction, or office administration.
- 2+ years of experience in project administration.
- Knowledge of data interpretation, development and analysis.
- Understanding of cost accounting principles.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
The following are considered assets:
- Experience working with ERP systems, specifically Visual 8.
- Experience in a construction setting.
- Experience working in Primavera and/or MS Project.