Reporting to the Production Manager, this manufacturing role is responsible for providing work instruction and direction related to the manufacturing of helical piles. It requires the ability to understand customer requirements of each project and ensure they are communicated to workers responsible for construction. This role requires the use of a loader in a safe manner and a knowledge of staging material for production planning. Supervisors will need to understand complicated prints and welding specifications in conjunction with Lead Hand and Weld Inspectors. The role requires safe work practices, ownership thinking and collaboration with coworkers and the broader team.
- Works closely with the Production Manager, Welders, Laborers, Operators, Safety Coordinator, QA Coordinator and Lead Coordinator.
- Performs basic welding of milled steel for produciton purposes.
- Fits up and welds various geometries of components.
- Collaborates with coworkers (labourers and operators) to perform safe and efficient set up (including adjustments) of work station, tools, equipment and raw materials.
- Reads and interpret work orders, drawings and specifications and directs Welders and Labourers in the realization of these specifications.
- Oversees that the required procedural markings are correct according to the product (i.e. welder identification or traceability labelling).
- Understands welding process.
- Good understanding of overall work place and order efficiency in terms of set up and staging of materials.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner in accordance to established schedule.
- Reads real time production data and meets productivity targets.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Interacts with organizational team members and other departments in a professional manner.
- Understands various weld form symbols on blue prints and understand size of fillet forms
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) – Level 1 Weld Inspector certification or be willing to complete this course within three months of hire
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and communication skills
- 3 years’ experience in a broad range of duties within a manufacturing or shop environment including extensive knowledge of steel cutting and/or welding processes
- Experience with Visual and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of computerized inventory management systems