Do you believe that Safety is paramount in the work that you do? When presented with a challenge, do you find a way? Do you have a track record of starting smart and finishing strong? Are you the kind of person that does what you can to support the team? Are you proud of what you do? If yes, you may be a great fit for our team!
The Procurement and Logistics Specialist is responsible for the sourcing, purchasing and expediting of all materials, equipment, parts and services required for the operation of our Guelph facility and Toronto warehouse. This encompasses all aspects of the supply chain from identification, recommendation, negotiation through to the ongoing evaluation of suppliers who provide materials and services to our Ontario operations.
The Procurement and Logistics Specialist will liaise with all departments including the Production supervisor, and project services teams to ensure accurate and timely flow of materials to meet the needs of production and all customers.
- Review production schedules with Production department to determine material requirements and identify any overdue or hot materials
- Coordinate and/or expedite flow of materials and parts, according to production and shipping schedules or departmental priorities
- Support incoming and outgoing shipments
- Assist in loading/offloading of trucks when needed (forklift operator experience and asset)
- Track materials on hand and materials in the Guelph and Toronto warehouses
- Process installer orders for CCMC stock piles
- Purchase order placement and general administration and coordination of approved and authorized proposals / agreements
- Responsible for a proactive approach to goods, material and services expediting, identifying variances in deliveries, non-conforming goods, etc. and the immediate communication of the status of orders to all concerned individuals
- Establish and maintain an efficient and effective supply chain base through the selection, qualification and ongoing management of suppliers. This will include the development, implementation and execution of processes with internal customers to address prequalification, delivery, performance, quality, best value, service, technical improvements and other related items
- Review existing suppliers and analyze for cost savings, and efficiencies
- Research and recommend the approval of qualified suppliers
- Manage supplier invoicing
- Complete all documentation required for international and U.S. freight including ProForma, customs broker, etc.
- College Diploma and/or University Degree with specific focus on operations, purchasing and/or logistics.
- SCMP Designation or coursework completed
The following are required:
- 5+ year’s related experience
- High level of computer literacy, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows operating system
- Understanding of ISO and quality assurance standards
- Experience with inventory and cycle counts and warehouse management
- Ability to comprehend, establish and maintain strategy for raw materials
- Ability to understand risk and mitigate accordingly on behalf of Almita
- Candidate must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s license
The following would be assets:
- Experience working with Visual ERP an asset