Do you believe that safety is paramount in the work that you do? When presented with a challenge, do you find a way? Do you have a track record of starting smart and finishing strong? Are you the kind of person that does what you can to support the team? If yes, you may be a great fit for our team! Almita is growing – Grow with us!
Reporting to the Corporate Reporting Manager, the Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for processing Almita's full cycle bi-weekly payroll. This will be a part time role, with approx. 40 hours, every 2 weeks (hours flexible based on payroll cycle, and workload).
Location: Edmonton, AB.
Work Environment: Office
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Wage: Commensurate to Education and Experience
- Complete payroll functions accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain employee payroll records, including employee data, time reporting, vacation and other benefits and deductions.
- Process biweekly payroll; disbursements, reporting, reconciliations and journal entries.
- Respond to employees on payroll queries.
- Year-end reconciliations and reporting including T4 preparation.
- Compile ad hoc statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts.
- Monthly reporting to WCB – multiple provinces.
- Other accounting and administrative support as determined over time.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- 5+ years’ experience processing payroll
- Degree or Diploma in Payroll or Accounting
- Payroll certification (PCP or PM)
- Experience processing payroll in multiple provinces
- Knowledge of payroll, and personal taxes
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
The following would be assets:
- Experience working with ADP WorkForceNow and KEBRITE
- ERP experience
- Working knowledge of construction terms/concepts