Do you believe that safety is paramount in the work that you do? When presented with a challenge, do you find a way? Do you have a track record of starting smart and finishing strong? Are you the kind of person that does what you can to support the team? If yes, you may be a great fit for our team! Almita is growing – Grow with us!
In collaboration with Finance, Human Resources, Managers and front line Supervisors the Payroll and Accounting Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the employee payroll, ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time and that the company complies with relevant regulations. The Payroll and Accounting Administrator supports the finance team.
Location: Edmonton, AB.
Work Environment: Office
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Wage: Commensurate to Education and Experience
- Complete payroll functions accurately and in a timely manner, including:
- Maintain employee payroll records, including employee data, time reporting, vacation and other benefits and deductions.
- Process biweekly payroll; disbursements, reporting, reconciliations and journal entries.
- Respond to employees on payroll queries.
- Year-end reconciliations and reporting including T4 preparation.
- Compile ad hoc statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting, including account reconciliations and audit inquiries
- Monthly reporting to WCB – multiple provinces
- Other accounting and administrative support as determined over time
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Degree or Diploma in Payroll or Accounting
- Payroll certification (CPA or PM)
- 3+ years’ experience processing payroll
- Knowledge of payroll, and personal taxes
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
The following would be assets:
- Experience working with ADP and KEBRITE
- ERP experience
- Working knowledge of construction terms/concepts