Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills in a modern and innovative company? Almita Piling Inc. is looking for a highly motivated and safety conscious Material Handler to join our Install Team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
The Material Handler is responsible for operating loaders and related equipment to receive and offload all incoming loads of raw materials and other deliveries. This position also workeds on the ground as a safety spotter to provide safe unloading guidance to the Loader Operator. Before offloading any materials, the Material Handler completes a visual check of the goods for damages and ensures the correct quanitities are received according to the delivery manifest and paking slip. Delivered producs are confirmed by completeing a physical count and by measuring producet dimensions to ensure the product meets specificatios requirements as per the purchase order. All traceable raw materials reeived muse be idetified and marked with MTR tracking numbers. Additionally, using a picklist, the Material Handler supplies the shop with the required materials and removes finished goods to proper locations.
- Operate loading equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- At shift changes, complete a daily safety assessment form by properly assessing the work environment and condition of equipment to ensure all hazards are addressed prior to starting work.
- Stage the selected finished goods on the ground to match part ID numbers.
- Ensure all finished goods taken from inventory are properly selected by proper part number and counted for accuracy in accordance with packing slip instructions. Accurately record the pile and/or cap identification numbers.
- Load transportation flat-decks in a safe manner according to picking slip and manifest instructions, while complying with DOT regulations.
- Unload transportation flat-decks in a safe manner, identify the material and tracking it accordingly.
- Conduct daily inventory cycle counts as assigned.
- Complete picklists by counting and inspecting pipe and/or plate to ensure it meets the picklist’s quality and quantity requirements.
- Keep storage yard free of snow and organized by ensuring that all materials in the yard are properly stored in the correct bin locations according to the inventory yard bin location map.
- Maintain, clean, and lubricate equipment and refill fuel tanks as needed, and secure special attachments as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- High School Diploma
The following are considered assets:
- Heavy Equipment Training Certificate
- Experience with two-way radios and other communication equipment
- Previous experience as a Loader Operator
- Knowledge of the shipping process (documentation and shipping papers)
- Safety Tickets (First Aid, Fall Protection,etc.)