Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills as part of a creative and results focused team? Almita is looking for a 2 highly motivated, flexible and adaptable Material Coordinators to join our Team. Almita - Building our Future Together!
Works collaboratively with the Field Supervisors and reports to Construction Manager as a member of project field team for The Great Northern Transmission Line project in Minnesota, USA. This role will be responsible for receiving materials, material inspections, photographing deliveries, checking completeness of order and maintain quality requirements and project standards. In addition to, administrative duties while following safe work practices and procedures. Participate in the compilation of quality information and materials. Work with the field installation team to maintain a high level of productivity, meet goals and represent Almita in a professional manner while on client sites.
Location: Grand Rapids and Warroad, Minnesota, USA
Work Environment: Field Office
Hours of Work: 60 hr/week
- Prepare material shipping schedule utilizing foundation engineering drawings, design tables, specs and tolerances.
- Coordination of the unloading and placement of materials and equipment per the site material laydown plan
- Work with project procurement and quality control staff to ensure that the receiving documentation is properly distributed and stored.
- Perform Quality checks on the received material and ensure compliance with the design and the specs
- Provide support for material expediting, coordinating with shipping companies on deliveries, follow up with suppliers on replacement of defective damaged materials, and follow up on replacement of defective items under warranty.
- Maintain and update the material tracking log and progress of the activities related to material management
- Assist the Construction Manager in the day to day duties of project administration and implementation and direction for projects.
- Responsible for coordination with suppliers for the return and credit of excess materials upon completion of the project
- Perform minor procurement of small materials and supplies needs that arise in the field, such as welding supplies , staff accommodation , flight bookings etc
- Looks for efficiencies and addresses concerns in a timely manner to ensure high quality of work
- Takes accountability for assignments and projects, performs to Almita’s quality standards and addresses deficiencies immediately.
- Proactively assists in preparing and maintaining all documentation to ensure compliance with program standards and certification requirements
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma
- 3+ years experience in related roles for contracting companies on a construction site environment.
- Working knowledge in drawings and technical specification
- Intermediate MS Office Skills (MS Word and Excel)
Must be authorized to work in the USA.