Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills in a modern and innovative company offering a rotation that allows for plenty of time with family and friends? Almita Piling Inc. is looking for a highly motivated and safety conscious skilled labourer to join our Manufacturing Team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
This position works closely with Welders, Labourers, Production Coordinator and the Manufacturing Supervisor.
The Machine Operator is responsible for the process of CNC automated or Robotic Plasma cutting of pipe or plate related to the manufacturing of helical piles. It requires the ability to tack pipe lengths together utilizing welding techniques. This role requires the use of a crane in a safe manner and hoisting and rigging knowledge is necessary. The Machine Operator must have an in-depth knowledge of automated machine cutting and robotic programming and troubleshooting. This role requires that the operator understands the requirements of work orders and traceability process needs.
|Location: Ponoka, AB||Work Environment: Production/Fabrication Shop|
|Schedule: Day/Night Shift Rotation|
- Continue to develop an understanding of set-up techniques
- Learn to utilize cranes and proper rigging techniques for removal of waste material and set up of head stock cutting
- Learn to understand traceability requirements of specific work orders
- Learn to read and interpret work orders and produce to specifications, work from drawings and specifications
- Learn to apply required procedural markings to the product (ie. traceability labelling)
- Learn to perform basic tacking of steel pipe together
- Learn to operate cutting machines and robots for the purpose of cutting steel pipe and plate
- Collaborate with coworkers (labourers and operators) to perform safe and efficient set-up (including adjustments) of work station, tools, equipment and raw materials
- Learn to provide appropriate maintenance to equipment as per preventative maintenance program
- Learn to meet agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner
- Learn to read real time production data and meet productivity targets
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCe
The following are required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 3 Years’ experience in Robotic Welding
- 2+ years of experience as a Machine Operator, plus the completion of cross training on a third piece of equipment
- Knowledge of industry-related manufacturing processes
- Experienced in operating grinders, pedestal grinder, clamps and various fixtures