Responsible for providing diversified support to our busy Installation Department, this position coordinates crew, equipment and 3rd party services scheduling to all projects. Liaising with Sales, Project Management, Maintenance, Shipping and Manufacturing to schedule installation. Assist the installation manage with preparation of reports and management of expenses for the department.
Job Type: Temporary - maternity leave coverage
Location: Ponoka, AB
- Scheduling resources to projects (personnel, equipment and third-party services)
- Determine best approach for utilization of internal services verses third-party services for trucking, welding, surveying and painting.
- Strategically schedule and book resources to effectively manage costs
- Problem solving for resource availability including equipment and personnel as per project requirements and demands
- Strategically selecting resources to best suit the project or personal strengths to represent the company the best.
- Schedule sub-contractor haulers where required when we cannot perform the requirement internally.
- Schedule & assist with the management of sub-contractor welders.
- Liaison with Sales, Project Management, Shipping, Maintenance, Procurement & Manufacturing on the upcoming and current projects. Along with managing current availability or utilization of the installation department resources.
- Review invoices applicable to the installation department to help manage costs.
- Assist in the establishment and management of the Installations Capex and Opex.
- Assist with the utilization of our equipment and manpower
- Assist with the recruitment of personnel
- Assist with training on excel and word utilization with field staff
- Run reports for upcoming and current projects to share with other departments.
- Review and oversee the department’s payroll hours and subsistence.
- Chair weekly/monthly department meetings with Installation supervision/team members.
- Provide professional and reliable administrative support to the Install Manager, Field Supervisors and installation team
- Encourage and demonstrate a strong commitment to maintaining a safe work environment
- Assist with arranging for training
- Prioritize conflicting needs for the various projects simultaneously underway
- Provide follow-through on projects to ensure successful completion within assigned deadlines
- Prioritize workflow and follow through on tasks to completion
- Assists with the formulation of department strategic plans
- Assist in performance management evaluations
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- 5+ years of experience in a clerical or administrative role.
- 3+ years of experience in a scheduling role.
- Advanced Microsoft Project and Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of business principles, coordination of people and resources and production methods.
The following are considered an asset:
- College diploma in Business Administration or Office Administration
- Training in the use of Microsoft Office application