The Geotechnical Engineer works with other engineers and functional team members to perform all engineering aspects as they relate to the application of deep foundations and shoring applications.
- Manage and execute budget engineering and IFC design projects to ensure the objectives for project deliverables and schedules are met.
- Effectively communicate with project team members to determine project design requirements
- Provide professional stamp upon completed IFC drawings.
- Conduct site visits to ensure project requirements when required
- Review geotechnical reports and determine engineering parameters for foundation/shoring designs
- Oversee pile load testing programs and validate designs
- Oversee shoring monitoring programs and validate designs
- Provide structural analysis and design of the elements and connections of the foundation, including piles, caps, pile groups, beams, bolted connections, etc.
- Perform geotechnical analysis for piles using in-house and commercial software, such as LPile, Group and other commercial programs
- Use Finite Element Analysis software (SAP2000) or other related structural design software when required
- Take accountability for assignments and projects and perform to Almita’s quality standards and address deficiencies immediately
- Represent the company within the engineering community, foundation industry and media
- Coordinate and communicate design intent and modifications with clients engineering teams.
- Fulfill the requirements necessary to maintain Professional Engineering status in good standing
The following are required:
- 5+ years’ experience in civil engineering with geotechnical or structural engineering emphasis
- 2+ years of shoring foundation design experience required
- Advanced computer skills, including engineering software, CAD programs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Degree in civil, geotechnical, or structural engineering
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng) designation
- Strong network of contacts in the engineering community
Almita Piling Inc. seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and encourages applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, women, persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process including but not limited to a person with a disability.