Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills in a modern and innovative company? Almita Piling is looking for a highly organized and effective Financial Professional to join our team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
Reporting to the Financial Systems Manager, this position is responsible for providing a variety of accounting and reporting activities to assist in effective organizational management and decision-making. This support position requires the ability to work independently, utilize good judgement and initiative.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Work Environment: Office
- Prepare monthly financial statements for review including the appropriate analysis, commentary and management reports for use by management and shareholders.
- Ensure all reporting and filing obligations are met with regard to bank reporting, board reporting, other lender reporting, and management reporting.
- Ensure all reporting and filing obligations are met with regard to provincial tax and GST/HST. Prepare documentation of provincial tax treatment by the various provinces.
- Assist with US entity reporting requirements.
- Assist with company SR&ED claims.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit.
- Assist with reporting requirements for various tax audits as they arise.
- Assist in the development of departmental budgets with monthly reporting of variances and analysis.
- Assist with project revenue recognition and project margin analysis and reporting.
- Take accountability for ad hoc support for finance team.
- Understanding the financial system and playing a key role in system upgrades or conversion.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- College Diploma or Degree in Accounting and 3 to 5 years business experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and ERP Experience
- Knowledge and experience with cost accounting and cost accounting concepts
- Experience within a manufacturing or service based company
- Accounting designation or working towards accounting designation