Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills as part of a results-focused team? Our Install Department is currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Welder to our team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
Support all areas of installation by primarily performing field cutting and welding on screw piles, extensions and caps. This also includes supporting the installation in a variety of other field functions when required.
Location: Ponoka, AB
Work Environment: Project Sites
- Hold all necessary Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB), Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW), all postion welding tickets and keep them current
- Hold the required safety tickets, including Construction Training Safety System (CSTS), H2S Alive, First Aid and WHMIS
- Perform basic cutting and welding of milled steel.
- Collaborate with coworkers to perform safe and efficient set up of workstation, tools, equipment and raw materials
- Understand various weld form symbols on weld drawings and size of fillet welds required
- Read and interpret work orders and produce work that adheres to specifications
- Weld in all postions
- Apply required procedural markings to the product
- Conduct required pre-job/pre-task inspections
- Monitor equipment, parts and tools for hazards, potential safety issues or down time
- Escalate issues to supervisor as required
- Follow QA/QC requirements for the project
- Provide all necessary documentation to Installation supervisors on daily basis
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2nd year Alberta apprenticeship indentured welder
- Prior experience in field operation and/or manufacturing shop environment