The Estimator is responsible for the completion of detailed cost estimates, accurate building take-offs and competitive tenders that result in profitable and successful projects. The Estimator works closely with Sales and Project services teams to ensure they are meeting client needs. As an Estimator, you will directly manage the execution of specialty foundations project estimates. A strong technical and practical background in specialty foundations and/or geotechnical construction is required. This position reports to the Estimating Manager in a fast-paced office environment. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, client representatives, staff and contractors while maintaining a diverse workload.
- Work with Project Services team, and other departments to develop quotations and project proposals.
- Participate in meetings, estimate brainstorms and estimate reviews
- Review, analyze and interpret Contract Documents (RFP, specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for specialty foundations projects
- Coordinate with engineers/designers to provide constructability input and value engineering for preliminary project plans
- Prepare professional sales documents like proposals and responses to RFPs and RFQs.
- Support the achievement of corporate, portfolio and individual revenue targets and margin targets.
- Collaborate with Sales team to provide daily update of sales forecasts and sales funnel, pipeline and collect applicable compensation documentation on a quarterly basis.
- Update customer reference data for bidding, quoting and proposal preparation purposes utilizing the Client Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Engage appropriate technical support for customers and prospects to accomplish complete client satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to sales management and business owners to ensure company’s solutions continue to meet client needs.
- Provide product and services feedback to marketing, engineering and manufacturing groups and make suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain an awareness of competitors’ strategies, providing feedback internally to enhance Almita’s positioning in the marketplace.
- Solicit and analyze subcontractor and material quotes from responsiveness to the estimate and project requirements
- Promote a positive corporate image of Almita by ensuring that appropriate standards are maintained in all sales support and service delivery activities.
- Maintain customer profiles, contacts, and master records in systems.
- Assist with contract negotiations.
- Read and analyze construction drawings.
- Perform site visits and investigations as needed
- Identify, quantify, and communicate risk throughout the estimating process
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- 2 + years construction experience in estimating, engineering or construction
- Diploma or Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Other qualifications may be considered with acceptable work experience
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Experience with Construction Management Software systems.
- Experience with construction project sequencing
- Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Commitment to ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of construction methods, costs and techniques
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements
The following are an asset:
- Basic knowledge of geotechnical engineering, ground improvement techniques, structural deep foundation methods, and support of excavation operations
- Ground Improvement experience including rigid inclusions, soil mixing, vibro-replacement, compaction grouting, permeation grouting, jet grouting, and deep dynamic compaction
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates with Deep Foundation experience
- Experience with project coordination
- Business Development/Sales experience
- PE Designation