The Estimator is responsible for the completion of detailed cost estimates, accurate building take-offs and competitive tenders that result in profitable and successful projects. The Estimator works closely with Sales and Project services teams to ensure they are meeting client needs. As a Estimator, you will directly manage the execution of specialty foundations project estimates. A strong technical and practical background in specialty foundations and/or geotechnical construction is required. This position reports to the Estimating Manager in a fast-paced office environment. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, client representatives, staff and contractors while maintaining a diverse workload.
- Work with Project Services team, and other departments to develop quotations and project proposals.
- Participate in meetings, estimate brainstorms and estimate reviews
- Review, analyze and interpret Contract Documents (RFP, specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for specialty foundations projects
- Coordinate with engineers/designers to provide constructability input and value engineering for preliminary project plans
- Prepare professional sales documents like proposals and responses to RFPs and RFQs.
- Support the achievement of corporate, portfolio and individual revenue targets and margin targets.
- Collaborate with Sales team to provide daily update of sales forecasts and sales funnel, pipeline and collect applicable compensation documentation on a quarterly basis.
- Update customer reference data for bidding, quoting and proposal preparation purposes utilizing the Client Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Engage appropriate technical support for customers and prospects to accomplish complete client satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to sales management and business owners to ensure company’s solutions continue to meet client needs.
- Provide product and services feedback to marketing, engineering and manufacturing groups and make suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain an awareness of competitors’ strategies, providing feedback internally to enhance Almita’s positioning in the marketplace.
- Solicit and analyze subcontractor and material quotes from responsiveness to the estimate and project requirements
- Promote a positive corporate image of Almita by ensuring that appropriate standards are maintained in all sales support and service delivery activities.
- Maintain customer profiles, contacts, and master records in systems.
- Assist with contract negotiations.
- Read and analyze construction drawings.
- Perform site visits and investigations as needed
- Identify, quantify, and communicate risk throughout the estimating process
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- 3 + years construction experience in estimating, engineering or field supervision role
- Diploma or Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Other qualifications may be considered with acceptable work experience
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Experience with Construction Management Software systems.
- Experience with construction project sequencing
- Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Commitment to ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of construction methods, costs and techniques
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements
The following are an asset:
- Basic knowledge of geotechnical engineering, ground improvement techniques, structural deep foundation methods, and support of excavation operations
- Ground Improvement experience including rigid inclusions, soil mixing, vibro-replacement, compaction grouting, permeation grouting, jet grouting, and deep dynamic compaction
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates with Helical, Driven, and Micro pile, foundation and shoring experience