The Driver and Shipper will be responsible for delivering and receiving materials and equipment from job sites while working with the field operations to ensure material inventory is accurately tracked. This position is responsible for putting orders and items together along with loading and securing them on assigned trucks/trailers for deliveries in a timely scheduled time frame. This position reports to the Eastern OPS and will require you to work closely with our manufacturing, supply chain management, and project management teams.
- Safely driving trucks and trailers for pickup and deliveries to various jobsites in Ontario
- Acquired and maintained a valid D or class 3 licence
- Load trucks and trailers in a safe manner (whether working as an Operator or a Spotter) according to picking slip and manifest instructions.
- Operate within CVOR regulations and Titan log system
- Ability to use E-Compliance to document safety and inspection forms along with completing daily safety assessment to ensure conditions of equipment and hazards are addressed prior to starting work
- Keep the storage yard, sea can, and tool racking organized in the correct locations
- Perform minor repairs on equipment while maintaining, cleaning, and lubricating equipment and refill fuel tanks
- Seasonal snow removal and yard clean-up if needed
- Secure special attachments to equipment along with completing inspections for any damage
- Build and stage material and tooling for upcoming projects
- Ensure all finished goods taken from inventory are properly selected from the right location and counted for accuracy in accordance with packing slip instructions.
- Work with other members of the supply chain management team to determine loading sequencing priorities for outgoing shipments.
- Comply with Almita’s Drug and Alcohol Policy of zero tolerance while at Almita job sites or when operating motor vehicles.
- Strong production and processing skills
- Ability to manage workload and deliverable timelines
- Strong verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show teamwork and collaboration
- Understanding of construction and fabrication processes
- Willingness to travel
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Completion of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) is preferred. A minimum of grade 10 combined with experience will be considered.
- 1+ years of driving and trailers experience
- D license / Willingness to get AZ in future
The following are assets:
- Experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Experience with construction worksites
- Knowledge of construction, safety standards and building codes
- Knowledge of proper tie down methods
- Experience in operating equipment
- Mechanically inclined