The Director, Project Services is responsible for leading Almita’s Engineering, Estimating and PMO teams, as it relates to strategic design, project bidding and execution. This role ensures alignment between the Project Services, Sales and Operations teams to appropriately design, bid, win, build and execute projects effectively and profitably.
This is a pivotal leadership role with a focus on strategy, process, and coaching with an emphasis on substantial direct involvement in bid triage, management and success.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to the PMO, Engineering and Estimating teams, clearly communicating corporate vision, values and performance expectations.
- Act as a mentor to members of the PMO, Engineering and Estimating teams to develop skills and capabilities of the team.
- Develop, implement and refine departmental processes, standards and specifications to ensure a competitive, strategic and winning bid process.
- Ensure the teams are working to build efficiencies, improve processes, eliminate inefficiencies and follow LEAN principles.
- Ensure potential contractual and project risks are properly identified at bidding stage.
- Conduct regular audit reviews for compliance with departmental procedures.
- Establish team KPI’s, monitor, assess and report design and bidding activity to appropriate members of the Leadership Team.
- Build effective working relationships with Sales, Manufacturing, Field Operations and Procurement teams to ensure timely completion of designs and bids.
- Initiate recommendations for project execution, including suggestions for procurement and tendering strategies and workforce planning.
- Participate in investigations for any issues that arise during project execution and effect change through lessons learned.
- Preparation and management of annual departmental budgets.
- Involvement in quarterly and annual strategic planning for the company.
- Attend client meetings with Sales to determine project requirements.
- Represent Almita Piling at industry events.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
The following are required:
- Degree in Engineering (Civil or Structural is preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in a Project Manager, Chief Estimator or Engineering Management role managing mid to large scale construction projects (commercial, retail and industrial)
- 5+ years’ experience in a management/supervisory role
- Knowledge of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts, engineering drawings, contracts, change control and document control
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The following are considered assets:
- PMI certification