The Business Development Manager is responsible for maintaining relationships with existing accounts and prospecting new clients. The role is responsible for providing quotes to new and existing clients, and acting as an advocate for the customer to nurture deep relationships. Responsible to perform sales revenue generating activities, which includes client meetings, Lunch & Learns, conventions and any other external activity deemed necessary to generate revenue. This role also works with the project services team, project managers and regional leadership to prepare sales quotes and provide service to clients as needed.
- Identifies and qualifies new prospective clients and opportunities to maximize business opportunities.
- Focuses on building relationships through outside selling skills, attending conferences/seminars, hosting lunch and learns with prospective clients, etc.
- Establishes and builds relationships with senior executives and line managers of prospective and established customers
- Closes new business opportunities by working with both internal and external customers.
- Maintains proactive relationship management and regular/consistent contact management strategies with assigned client base.
- Plays a key role in the creation, facilitation and delivery of corporate service offerings.
- Provides feedback to sales management and business owners to ensure company’s solutions continue to meet client needs.
- Manages and maintains prospect database.
- Interacts with organizational sales team members and other internal customers to ensure project completion for all clients.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Business, Marketing or related field
- 5 years of direct work experience in Business Development.
- Knowledge of costing and estimation best practices from the construction industry.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Background in Oil and Gas and Construction Industries
- Knowledge of and experience working with CRM systems