The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for developing and managing lead generation, qualifying clients and opportunities, revenue generation and tracking progress in a business-to-business environment. Working independently to produce substantial results using a varying mixture of lead sources including research, networking, and relationship building with targeted companies, by contacting appropriate prospective clients in the designated marketplace.
- Identifies and qualifies new prospective opportunities to maximize business growth.
- Focuses on building relationships through outside selling skills, attending conferences/seminars, hosting lunch and learns and webinars with prospective clients, etc.
- Establishes and builds relationships with senior executives and line managers of prospective and established customers
- Closes new business opportunities by working with both internal and external customers.
- Maintains proactive relationship management and regular/consistent contact management strategies with assigned client base.
- Plays a key role in the creation, facilitation and delivery of corporate service offerings.
- Provides feedback to sales management and business owners to ensure company’s solutions continue to meet client needs.
- Manages and maintains prospect database.
- Interacts with organizational sales team members and other internal customers to ensure project completion for all clients.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in Business Development, Project Management or a combination.
- Knowledge of costing and estimation best practices from the construction industry.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project).
- Background in Power, Heavy Industrial, Oil and Gas and Construction Industries.
- Knowledge of and experience working with CRM systems.