Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize your skills as part of a creative and results focused team? Almita Piling Inc. is looking for a highly motivated, flexible, and adaptable Business Development Manager for British Columbia to join our Team. Almita is growing – Grow with us!
The Business Development Manager for British Columbia will be responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the regional sales activities and team.
This role is accountable for achieving excellence in revenue and profit generation, strategic leadership, margin management, sales delivery, setting and achieving ambitious targets and building a team of individuals who are service focused.
Working both as a collaborative sales team, and independently to produce substantial results using a varying mixture of lead sources including research, networking, and cold calling into targeted companies, you will contact appropriate prospective clients in the designated marketplace.
Work Environment: Home based office
- Ensures sales and profitably objectives are met for the region
- Assist with the development of specific project plans for identified high-priority accounts that will enable the company to meet incremental sales revenue targets for the coming fiscal year
- Work closely with the Regional Manager to define the strategic sales, marketing and growth objectives for the region
- Take an active, hands-on role in leading and participating in sales activity
- Manage sales processes to ensure bids and contracts have desired margins
- Through personal sales execution, establish the style and approach which characterizes the company’s dealings with customers
- Ongoing analysis of the market, territory, competition and industry trends
- Participate proactively in the budgeting process and ensure that proper sales reporting procedures are in place
- Spearhead business development initiatives that align to the region’s annual growth targets
- Encourage and facilitate communication between internal groups to support sales efforts and ultimately exceed customer expectations
- Drive development of work ethic, culture and values of the sales group
- Use an established network of executives in the foundation industry within the oil and gas or power transmission industries to increase Almita’s presence, build relationships and drive sales growth.
- Recruit, train and cross-train sales professionals to support Almita’s growth
- Represents Almita in industry associations and events
- Inform the management team of current and emerging market trends
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Business, Marketing or related field
- 5 to 7 years of experience in sales with a proven track record of success
- Experience in consultative sales in the designated market segment and/or industry
- Knowledge of costing and estimation best practices from the construction industry
- Knowledge of business principles involved in resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Background in oil and gas and construction industries\
- Knowledge of and experience working with CRM systems
- Able to travel up to 50%, including visits to project sites