Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, this entry level position is responsible for providing a variety of accounting and reporting activities to assist in effective organizational management and decision-making. This support position requires the ability to work independently, utilize good judgement and initiative.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries in the accounting system.
- Prepare all Sales tax and GST/HST returns. Prepare documentation of provincial tax treatment by the various provinces.
- Assist with reporting requirements for various tax audits as they arise.
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with general accounting tasks, including G/L account reconciliation and month -end closing.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit.
- Assist with the preparation of statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources.
- Assist in the development of departmental budgets with monthly reporting of variances and analysis.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- ERP Experience
- Analyze data or information
- Foster Teamwork
- Time Management
- Results Oriented
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- College diploma/degree in Accounting and 2+ years related accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge and experience with general ledger account reconciliations
The following are considered assets:
- Experience within a manufacturing or service-based company
- ERP experience
- Working towards Accounting Designation